1 hr 30 mins
I have found a few variations of Mississippi Sin Dips, but this is the one I get the most requests for. It is equally good cold or hot, and is one of the first goodies to disappear at gatherings! For really yummy variations, replace the ham with fresh Northwest salad shrimp, Dungeness crab, or crisp fried, crumbled bacon...
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup finely minced cooked ham, shrimp, crabmeat or 3/4 cup bacon
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1/2 cup minced red onions or 1/2 cup sweet white onion
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large sourdough boule, unsliced (round loaf)
- 1Cream together the sour cream and cream cheese.
- 2Add shredded cheddar, minced ham, chopped green chiles, diced onion and Worcestershire sauce.
- 3Cut a thin slice from the top of the bread and carefully hollow out the round loaf.
- 4Fill hollowed bread with dip and cover with the top that you sliced off.
- 5Wrap the filled loaf with aluminum foil and store in refrigerator until ready to serve, or bake at 350 degrees for about an hour and serve hot.
- 6Serve with cocktail breads, crackers, celery, or whatever sounds good to you!
- 7This usually makes enough for two large bread loaves, or one large + two small loaves.
Browse Our Top For Large Groups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All For Large Groups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot or Cold Mississippi Sin Dip
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.3
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Sodium 321.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: