Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have found a few variations of Mississippi Sin Dips, but this is the one I get the most requests for. It is equally good cold or hot, and is one of the first goodies to disappear at gatherings! For really yummy variations, replace the ham with fresh Northwest salad shrimp, Dungeness crab, or crisp fried, crumbled bacon...
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup finely minced cooked ham, shrimp, crabmeat or 3⁄4 cup bacon
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup minced red onions or 1⁄2 cup sweet white onion
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large sourdough boule, unsliced (round loaf)
- Cream together the sour cream and cream cheese.
- Add shredded cheddar, minced ham, chopped green chiles, diced onion and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cut a thin slice from the top of the bread and carefully hollow out the round loaf.
- Fill hollowed bread with dip and cover with the top that you sliced off.
- Wrap the filled loaf with aluminum foil and store in refrigerator until ready to serve, or bake at 350 degrees for about an hour and serve hot.
- Serve with cocktail breads, crackers, celery, or whatever sounds good to you!
- This usually makes enough for two large bread loaves, or one large + two small loaves.
Awesome!! I have made this before and will make it for our Super Bowl party!!