Recipe by jbar
Great Tasting and easy dish for gatherings.
Top Review by threeovens
This was okay, but would be far better if made, from scratch, with fresh ingredients. The texture was obviously from a box. I did like the idea. My husband had similar in a German restaurant. Potatoes with a hint of vinegar flavor.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (7 ounce) packagehungry jack creamy scalloped potatoes mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees, Cook Bacon until crisp.
- Drain Bacon; reserve 2 tablespoons bacon drippings.
- In ungreased 2 to 2 1/2 quart casserole dish, combine bacon drippings, potatoes and sauce mix.
- Stir in sugar, Celery seed, pepper, milk, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce until well mixed.
- Add Sauerkraut, pimento and cooked bacon; mix well.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Let stand 5 minutes.