Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great Tasting and easy dish for gatherings.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (7 ounce) packagehungry jack creamy scalloped potatoes mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- Heat oven to 400 degrees, Cook Bacon until crisp.
- Drain Bacon; reserve 2 tablespoons bacon drippings.
- In ungreased 2 to 2 1/2 quart casserole dish, combine bacon drippings, potatoes and sauce mix.
- Stir in sugar, Celery seed, pepper, milk, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce until well mixed.
- Add Sauerkraut, pimento and cooked bacon; mix well.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
This was okay, but would be far better if made, from scratch, with fresh ingredients. The texture was obviously from a box. I did like the idea. My husband had similar in a German restaurant. Potatoes with a hint of vinegar flavor.