1/1 Photo of Hot Fudge Ice Cream Sundae Cake
Midwest Maven's Note:
This sweet treat sounds so good, and hot fudge sauce makes everything better! :D
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) duncan hines moist deluxe dark fudge cake mix
- 1/2 gallon brick vanilla ice cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease & flour a 13x9x2 inch pan.
- 2Prepare, bake, and cool the cake following the package directions.
- 3Remove cake from pan, and split cake in half horizontally.
- 4Place bottom layer back in pan.
- 5Cut ice cream into even slices and place evenly over bottom cake layer. (Use all the ice cream).
- 6Place remaining cake layer over ice cream.
- 7Cover and freeze.
- 8For Fudge Sauce:.
- 9Combine evaporated milk and sugar in medium saucepan,.
- 10Cook, stirring constantly, on medium heat until mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- 11Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- 12Add unsweetened chocolate and stir until melted; beat over medium heat until smooth.
- 13Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla extract, and salt.
- 14Cut cake into squares.
- 15For each serving place a cake square on plate and spoon hot fudge sauce on top. Garnish with whipped cream and a cherry.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Fudge Ice Cream Sundae Cake
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.0
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 60.0 mg
- Sodium 539.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 57.5 g
- Protein 9.0 g