This sweet treat sounds so good, and hot fudge sauce makes everything better! :D
Make and share this Hot Fudge Ice Cream Sundae Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) duncan hines moist deluxe dark fudge cake mix
- 1⁄2 gallon brick vanilla ice cream
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- whipped cream, and
- maraschino cherry (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease & flour a 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Prepare, bake, and cool the cake following the package directions.
- Remove cake from pan, and split cake in half horizontally.
- Place bottom layer back in pan.
- Cut ice cream into even slices and place evenly over bottom cake layer. (Use all the ice cream).
- Place remaining cake layer over ice cream.
- Cover and freeze.
- For Fudge Sauce:.
- Combine evaporated milk and sugar in medium saucepan,.
- Cook, stirring constantly, on medium heat until mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Add unsweetened chocolate and stir until melted; beat over medium heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Cut cake into squares.
- For each serving place a cake square on plate and spoon hot fudge sauce on top. Garnish with whipped cream and a cherry.