1/2 Photos of Hot Dog Bake
This is an economical casserole that kids love. Don't be afraid of the sauerkraut taste it mellows out with the potatoes, sugar and mustard. Try it you'll love it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a skillet, spray with oil, use medium heat and cook the onion with the brown sugar, stirring for about 5 minutes.
- 2Add hot dogs and cook until they are brown (5 min).
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Mix the mashed potatoes and the hot dog mix.
- 5Stir in the sauerkraut & mustard, add pepper.
- 6Spoon into a 1 quart casserole, sprinkle with bread crumbs, drizzle with the margarine/butter.
- 7Bake in 350°F oven until the casserole is heated through and golden, about 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Dog Bake
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.2
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.1 mg
- Sodium 795.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium hot dogs
coarse grain mustard