Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a variation of something that I had while dinning out, when I asked the chef for the recipe - he said not - so I decided to give it a shot - came out pretty good!!!
- 453.59 g crabmeat (claw)
- 226.79 g cream cheese (room temp)
- 236.59 ml cheese (shredded, I like a sharp cheese but use what you like)
- 1.23 ml bottled hot pepper sauce (you want some heat but not to take over the flavor)
- 118.29 ml shrimp (chopped raw peeled and devined)
- 14.79 ml garlic (minced)
- 4.92 ml Old Bay Seasoning
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley (1 tsp dry)
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients in no special order - except to make sure you whip the cream cheese slightly.
- Pour into a well greased oven safe bowl and bake for 30 mins or until the cheese bubbles up.
- Serve with crustinies* or warm bread.
- *Crustinies are simple slices of your favorite Italian bread (1/4" or less cut on an angle) rubbed with a raw clove of garlic (cut the clove in half and simply rub over each slice of bread) a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of parmesan on each slice. Bake at 325°F till golden brown.
I made this exactly as the recipe stated and what a bust-o-balloon bunch of happiness this was! I especially adored the shrimp in this dip, a whole new depth of flavor that I had not had before. I threw a bit of "Old Bay" on the top just for decoration along with some thinly sliced green onions to make the colors stand out. Everyone sure loved this, and will be making this from now on! Thank you!
I made this with substituting shrimp for crab and omitted the salt and it was delish. My family screams for it!
This was good and easy to make. I used lump crab meat and cheddar cheese. I didn't add the shrimp or the fresh parsley. I also cooked it in the microwave. We ate it with crackers and everyone enjoyed it. Hubby said he thought it could have used more old bay. I thought is was missing something but am not sure what. It was good just the same.