Recipe by dojemi
This is a recipe I created. We found this to have just the right amount of 'heat'. I've made it with 7% ground sirloin, ground turkey and ground chicken all with great success.
- 1 lb ground sirloin (ground turkey or chicken may be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 large yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 -3 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans (draiin)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce or 1 (26 ounce) jarfra diavlo pasta sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan saute' the ground sirloin, crumbling it as it cooks, till it's cooked through.
- Remove from saucepan and set aside.
- In the same saucepan saute' the red pepper, yellow pepper, onion and garlic in the olive oil.
- Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Add kidney beans and chicken broth.
- Add the pasta sauce and stir till incorporated.
- Add the cooked ground sirloin.
- Combine well.
- Continue to cook until heated through.