If you like bean salad, you should like this dish. It is from a Pillsbury cookbook I got when I was first married. My family does not care for kidney beans, so I use 2 cans of green beans with the wax beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry bacon until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towel.
- 2To drippings, add sugar and cornstarch.
- 3Blend well.
- 4Stir in salt, pepper and vinegar.
- 5Heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- 6Stir in onion and drained beans.
- 7Cover and simmer over low heat 20-25 minutes,stirring occasionally.
- 8Serve with bacon crumbled over top.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Bean Compote
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.2
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 33.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g