Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This is one of our all time favorite dressings to use on spinach salad. We like to add some chopped boiled eggs to our fresh spinach along with sliced fresh mushrooms. This is enough dressing for one-half of a small bag of spinach. EDITED: To say this is enough for half a bag of cleaned spinach.
Top Review by ThreeRedDogs
Yummy - I doubled the vinegars (1 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 balsamic) as well, and added some olive oil, 1/4 tsp ginger and a pinch of celery salt - then a sprinkle of cornstarch to thicken it up. Even my hubs who's not a fan of sweet dressings loved it!
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet fry bacon until crisp then remove bacon and reserve bacon grease.
- Crumble bacon over fresh spinach.
- Add minced onion to bacon grease and saute over medium heat about 3-4 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and saute for about 1 minute.
- Pour hot dressing over spinach and toss, mixing well.
- Serve immediately.