Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of our all time favorite dressings to use on spinach salad. We like to add some chopped boiled eggs to our fresh spinach along with sliced fresh mushrooms. This is enough dressing for one-half of a small bag of spinach. EDITED: To say this is enough for half a bag of cleaned spinach.
- In skillet fry bacon until crisp then remove bacon and reserve bacon grease.
- Crumble bacon over fresh spinach.
- Add minced onion to bacon grease and saute over medium heat about 3-4 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and saute for about 1 minute.
- Pour hot dressing over spinach and toss, mixing well.
- Serve immediately.
Yummy - I doubled the vinegars (1 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 balsamic) as well, and added some olive oil, 1/4 tsp ginger and a pinch of celery salt - then a sprinkle of cornstarch to thicken it up. Even my hubs who's not a fan of sweet dressings loved it!
I doubled the dressing, added tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs and fresh pepper. It was a hit.
This is NOT the recipe to use if you like lots of dressing. I quadrupled all the liquids and then just kept adding more to get enough for only two of us and a half pound of spinach. It also says 4 strips of bacon but not how much grease to wind up with. Turkey bacon doesn't leave hardly any so more grease has to be added but how much? I'm finding a different recipe the next time.