Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach (coarse stems removed, washed in cold water and dried)
- 6 slices bacon, cut crosswise in very thin strips
- 2 green onions, sliced finely
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Rip spinach into bite size pieces and place in a large salad bowl.
- Fry bacon until crispy, remove bacon to drain on paper towel.
- Stir fry the green onions in the bacon drippings.
- Mix in vinegar and ketchup, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat, stirring continuously for about 5 minutes.
- Pour hot dressing over spinach and toss well.
- Add bacon and toss again.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I'm sorry Pixie, but I guess I'm the black sheep when it comes to reviewing this salad. We found the vinegar far too overpowering. I even added a touch of sugar to tone it down some, but it didn't help much. Honoured to make this as a "Thank You" for voting for Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia in the 2010 Kraft Hockeyville Competition.Reply
This was a great side dish. After cooking for 5 minutes (step 5) there didn't seem to be a whole lot of dressing, so I threw the spinach into the wok, and tossed it around over the heat for about a minute (no more) until it JUST started to wilt a little. We all enjoyed this so much thank you Sherry.10Reply