Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is totally delicious and one of those handy recipes we pull out when we're having a large party. Depending on the crowd we sometimes add 2 minced jalapeño peppers for a spicier version.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup hellmann mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shrimp, shelled, deveined and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cheese finely chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves or 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- paprika, for sprinkling
- tortilla chips or pita bread round, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, cheddar, sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard and Worcestershire sauce until well blended.
- Add the artichoke hearts, shrimp, mozzarella, shallots, and thyme and mix well.
- Transfer to a baking dish, sprinkle lightly with paprika, and bake until golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with chips.
Outstanding!! Made for husband's birthday party and it was gobbled up. Added chopped spinach to half of the recipe to give a variation. It was definitely better just being the artichokes. The spinach drowned out some of the artichoke flavor. Used larger shrimp and cut them into bite size chunks. Gave the dip a nicer appeal. Will def. make again! Thank you!
This recipe was excellent. I halved the recipe and used pepper-jack cheese as I didn't have chedder and forgot the mustard, but it turned out great. I took it to a BBQ and everyone loved it. Thanks for the great appetizer recipe.