This is called hot and sour shrimp soup but has a mildly sweet undertone from the pineapple. Really good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces thin egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunk
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- 2Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 3Heat oil over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- 4Cook mushrooms and garlic in oil until soft.
- 5Stir in tomato, pineapple, celery and sugar and cook until tomatoes begin to soften.
- 6Stir in chicken broth and water and bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat and stir in lime juice and soy sauce and simmer 5 minutes.
- 8Stir in shrimp and red pepper and simmer 3 minutes more, until shrimp are pink.
- 9Stir in bean sprouts, onion and reserved noodles.
- 10Heat through and serve.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot and Sour Shrimp Soup
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.2
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 131.1 mg
- Sodium 843.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 22.1 g