Petite Mommy's Note:
A recipe that I received in an edition of Rachel Ray's magazine. A wonderful way to make Shepherd's pie that gets everything put together quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1Place the potatoes in large pot of cold water and bring to boil. Salt water, lower heat, and simmer until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- 2Drain, mash with milk until smooth.
- 3Stir in egg and horseradish and season with salt and pepper.
- 4In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add veggies and bay leaf.
- 5Season with salt and pepper. Cook 8-10 minutes.
- 6Crumble beef into pan and cook for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour on top and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- 7Stir in beef broth and cook for 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- 8Season with worcestershire sauce and plenty of salt and pepper.
- 9Discard bay leaf.
- 10Preheat oven to 450. Grease medium casserole dish and add meat mixture and top with potatoes.
- 11Bake until golden, about 5-10 minutes.
- 12Sprinkle chives on top.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Horseradish Mashed Potato Shepherd's Pie by Rachael Ray
Serving Size: 1 (593 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 704.5
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 198.1 mg
- Sodium 500.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 53.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: