Recipe by brycemama
I'm addicted to this stuff. I've been making this just about everyday for my little one and I...just as long as I dont run out of rice. Lol. My son loves it just and much as I do. I was surprised. Horchata reminds me of home. I'm originally from Cali and recently moved to Ohio. They don't make it here so, after researching and tweaking recipes to my liking...I finally got it right. Hope y'all enjoy as much as we do.
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 4 cups warm water
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Add the rice and water to blender. Blend for 1 minute.
- 2. Refrigerate rice water for 6 hours.
- 3. Strain the rice water into a bowl using a mesh strainer. Discard the rice (or keep).
- 4. Pour the rice water back into the blender and add remaining ingredients.
- 5. Blend until smooth and serve over ice or as is.
- Enjoy =~).