Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Crushed pineapple and say sauce season this flavorful chicken entree made in the slow cooker.
Make and share this Honey Pineapple Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- In a skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches on both sides; transfer to a 5 qt slow cooker.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Strain pan juices, reserving pineapple. Serve pineapple over the chicken.
I was just coming to post this, since I just finished popping it into the crockpot for tonight's dinner. I love this recipe! It is so fast and easy, and just delicious when done. Super tender, too. I never bother to brown the chicken (and so never use the oil), and I am allergic to pineapple, so I sub 1/4 c. apple juice for the liquid in the can of pineapple and don't bother with any fruit. Served over rice, this is a terrific meal. I believe the recipe originally came from Taste of Home - that's where I got my copy, I think.
EXCELLENT! Fast and delicious...who could ask for more? I agree with the person who said that they added salt afterwards...it needed just a little salt with the sweet. My kids loved it, the hubby loved it and it kept me from being in the kitchen too long so A+ from me!
I doubled the recipe, served it with a fancy rice side dish and a waldorf salad. Got rave reviews.