Recipe by Sherrybeth
I had never had this until recently. I had always made my pecan pies with Karo Syrup; however, this is a different recipe I found using honey instead of Karo and it gives this pie a decidedly different taste than the one I'm used to making.
Top Review by Ritecrest
I have stopped using Karo syrup even though I liked it in the past. I think it is much more important to eat well now tan I once did. I use honey exclusively and no one has noticed the difference. Try it on your clan!
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, unbaked
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine the honey, sugar and eggs. Beat well.
- Add the vanilla extract and melted butter and mix well.
- Slowly, by hand, stir in the pecans.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
- Filling will be firmer around the edges, but softer in the middle.
- If your crust starts to get too brown, cover the edges with foil to prevent them from burning (or use one of those cute pie crust ring things if you have one, because they work really well).
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.