Recipe by Charmed
This is a really wonderful pie. The oatmeal rises to the surface during baking and creates a sweet, chewy crust, very similar to pecan pie. I like the addition of honey, which I haven't seen in other similar recipes. It does call for dark corn syrup, but I've used the light instead with excellent results. I found this recipe years ago in a Women's Circle recipe magazine.
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats (do not use instant)
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9-inch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream the sugar and butter well.
- Beat in cinnamon and salt, then the syrup and honey.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time and continue beating until well-blended.
- Stir in the oats.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and bake for about an hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.