Honey Apple Pie
photo by Jadelabyrinth
- Ready In:
- Fill a pastry lined 9" pie plate with sliced apples, pour over them the 3/4 cup honey and sprinkle with 1 Tsp.
- each cinnamon and vanilla.
- Dot with small pieces of the 2 Tbls.
- butter, cover with slashed top crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until apples are tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The flavor was pretty on point. Like Trish said, a bit on the soupy side. I didn't quite do exacts on anything. Doubled the butter just because. Added brown sugar till it was pretty. And my homemade vanilla that has been seeping for almost two years now. I'll get definitely make it again with my own honey and some thickening agent. But overall this is an awesome base recipe!
For how simple and quick this is, this was surprisingly good. I used 4 medium and 2 large apple (but I had to cut out quite a few bad spots). I followed the recipe exactly, but my pie needed an extra 30 minutes for the crust to get brown the way I like it. Next time I am going to add some more cinnamon, otherwise this is a keeper! It taste great warm! Thanks!