Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My husband was never a meatloaf fan until I tried this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (combo, etc.) or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork (combo, etc.)
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine ground meat, bread crumbs, onions, basil, salt and pepper.
- Stir in eggs, mixing lightly, but thoroughly.
- Shape into loaf.
- Place loaf in baking pan.
- Combine honey and mustard.
- Brush half the mixture on the loaf.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, then brush remaining honey-mustard mixture on the loaf.
- Bake for another 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the chopped green onions.
This was truly delicious!!!! Will make again for sure! Thanks for the recipe!
I adored the glaze, adding some garlic to it. The meatloaf was a little bland however. I would definitely make again, just jazz the meatloaf up some.
We loved it!! Quite delicious, I acidently put the green onion into the meatloaf, which was ok really. Love the flavour of basil and the dejon mustard and honey went so well to gether. Will be making this agin, thanks for sharing!