Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Super easy to make and a fantastic family or entertaining dinner if served with fluffy white rice and some buttered sugar snap peas. Makes great next-day leftovers.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup liquid honey
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 -6 chicken pieces, bone-in preferred for more flavour
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl or Pyrex measuring cup.
- Pour over chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
After following the directions exactly, I was very disappointed to come home 8 hours later after a long work day to very burnt, dark brown sauce. It was not edible.
I'm sure that this was an amazing recipe, however, a word to the wise. Don't make the shortcut mistakes that I had made. It made it not as great:
1) premix it, don't just throw it all in the pot.
2) I'm sure using good curry powder would have helped.
3) Make sure that you don't overcook it.
Hope this helps.
I really debated how to rate this recipe. The sauce is great, we love honey mustard at our house, so it was a big hit. The chicken (I used bone in breasts), no so good. It was really overcooked and no amount of gravy in the world would make it moist. I suspect the cooking time should have been cut down by at least half. I made the sauce with cheap store brand dijon and organic honey, I didn't have any of the burning issues others faced. I also forgot the salt, but the sauce was fine. After removing the chicken. I put the liquid in a sauce pan and thickened with cornstarch and water. I served the chicken with mashed potatoes, green beans and bread. I will try the recipe again cutting down the cooking time significantly.