- 5 guavas (Feijoas)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt, stirred
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve the feijoas; scoop out the pulp and discard the shell.
- In a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade, puree the feijoa pulp, lemon juice and ginger.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch; stir in the milk and honey.
- Cook and stir until the mixture simmers.
- Cook for 1 minute longer; remove from the heat.
- Add the pureed feijoas.
- Stir in the yogurt.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions.