Recipe by Melanie Murray
This is a good ole southern honey apple mixture. Hope you try and enjoy.
Top Review by Jadelabyrinth
This pie is delicious; it is definitely getting made again. I made a few minor adjustments when I made it. I had small apples so I ended using nine apples, not five. Also, instead of dusting the apple mixture at the end, I mixed the cinnamon and nutmeg right into it. Finally, and probably the biggest change, I didn't use any sugar, rather I changed the honey amount to a whole cup instead of a 1/4 cup.
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 5 tart apples, peeled,cored,and sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle pastry with 1 Tablespoon each of sugar and flour.
- Combine the remaining sugar and flour; stir in honey and cream.
- Pour this mixture over apples in large bowl.
- Mix gently until slices are well coated.
- Spoon apples into pie shell and dust with cinnamon and nutmeg; dot with butter or margarine.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes.