1/1 Photo of Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
1 hr 20 mins
I have been wanting to try a Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe for some time now! I received this Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine months ago and to be perfectly honest with you, it intimidated me a little bit. The idea of making ice cream at home sounded like a daunting task, but that couldn't be further from the truth! I finally decided to try out my new machine to make some Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream and it was amazing! You don't realize how much better homemade tastes until you have tried it yourself. Plus, there is the added benefit of knowing exactly what ingredients you are giving your family. That's right, we can actually pronounce them all too. ;) The best testimony I can give you is from my son who does NOT like strawberries. He could not get enough of this ice cream. He didn't even seem to mind the fact that there were strawberries in it at all! Tip: The recipe calls for pureeing only half of the strawberries, but after putting in in the freezer a day we all agreed that the strawberry chunks weren't great. So next time I will puree all of the strawberries for a more creamy consistency.
My Private Note
pint St ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine strawberries, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup of sugar in a bowl and stir. Allow to sit for up to 2 hours.
- 2Strain berries and reserve the juices.
- 3Puree half the berries.
- 4In a medium bowl mix milk and remaining sugar until sugar is dissolved. Stir in heavy cream, leftover juice from the berry mixture, vanilla, and mashed strawberries.
- 5Turn on Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine and pour mixture into the frozen freezer bowl for about 20 minutes.
- 6Add the rest of the strawberries and mix for another 5 minutes.
- 8The ice cream will be very soft and creamy. We transferred ours to a container and stuck it in the freezer for about an hour to thicken it up a little the way we like it.
- 9I am looking forward to trying out some other new ice cream recipes now that I see just how easy it is to do! In fact, I have a container of blueberries in the kitchen that I think would be great in ice cream too!
Browse Our Top Ice Cream Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ice Cream Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.6
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.7 mg
- Sodium 34.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 28.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g