Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A really nice soup, with just enough kick. The meatballs are superbly delicious and you don't feel like you're depriving yourself. Recipes counts for 1 protein, 1 vegetable, and 1 Melba toast.
- 100 g chicken breasts, ground
- 1 teaspoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch sage
- 1 pinch marjoram
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 dash onion powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 melba toast, crushed
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Meatballs: In a small bowl, combine first 9 ingredients (ground chicken, minced onion, garlic, sage, marjoram, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder and Melba toast crumbs). Form into small meatballs (about 6).
- Broth: In a pot, combine broth, garlic and remaining spices (bay leaf, cayenne, salt, pepper). Bring to a boil.
- Add meatballs to the broth, reduce heat, cover and cook for 30 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through. Add celery the last 5-10 minutes of cooking.
- Add apple cider vinegar just before serving.