Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Fresh salsa for your dips or anything else you wish to use it with.
- 16 -17 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 (7 ounce) candiced chilies
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well. Heat the salsa just until hot.
- Ladle into hot jars, clean the rims, and seal. Process in a water bath for 45 minutes.
This was my first try at salsa after picking 20 ripe tomatoes in a quick run through the garden! (I know theres more out there!) It was great. I used lime juice instead of lemon but other than that followed it to a T. I will be adding zucchini to it in the next batch! Thanks!