Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My grandmother's passed down recipe, this warm and comforting side dish is so tasty you'll want to make it all year round! A creamy texture with a nutty, deep flavor, this easy-to-make casserole is sure to please a crowd!
- 2 large green zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 1 onion
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 12 -13 ounces corn muffin mix (preferably Jiffy brand)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Grease the bottom and sides of a 13"x9" glass baking dish with vegetable oil or cooking spray.
- With a hand grater or food processor, shred zucchini, squash and onion. Add to a large mixing bowl. To the bowl, add the shredded cheese, eggs, milk and oil. Stir to combine.
- Once combined, add the corn muffin mix and your salt and pepper. Stir again to completely incorporate all ingredients. Pour into prepared baking dish and bake on middle rack of oven for 1 hour. Serve warm or room temperature, and enjoy!
Delicious casserole!!! I would recommend it to anyone... I added a bit garlic powder and a bit dill for flavor. A
This was really great and super easy. I sauteed the onions with garlic before adding to the mixture. My husband loved it and declared it a keeper.
Was great, my husben even loved it an he does not like squash! will make many more times.