Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
These have just about everything in them, oil takes the place of butter to create a crispy outside with a chewy inside and whole wheat flour for extra flavor, they will make a wonderful addition to your holiday baking tray! --- servings is only estimated, these may also be baked in baking pan then sliced as bars.
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon maple extract or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds (or use chopped almonds)
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a large cookie sheet/s.
- In a large bowl combine oil with eggs, both sugars and extract; beat well using an electric mixer on medium speed.
- In a small bowl combine whole wheat flour with baking soda, salt and cinnamon (if using) add to the oil mixture and mix just until combined.
- In a bowl combine the rolled oats with coconut, cranberries, cherries, almonds and chocolate chips (if using) add to the batter and mix until combined.
- Roll into about 1-inch balls then place onto greased baking sheet.
- Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 2 minutes then remove to a rack to cool completely.
Kitt, I made these for the first time last summer but didn't know how to give them a review at the time. Now that I know I can tell you how utterly delish these are. I make these pretty big and eat them as breakfast cookies. Wonderful!
Gonna bake these very soon.......let you know the out come! Can't wait!