Holiday Oatmeal Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On waxed paper, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat butter and brown and granulated sugars until creamy, occasionally scraping bowl with spatula. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low; gradually beat in flour mixture just until blended, occasionally scraping bowl. With spoon, stir in oats, raisins and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, 2 inches apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake cookies 13-15 minutes or until tops are golden. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Store cookies in covered container at room temperature for up to 1 week or in freezer up to 3 months.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation