Here is my favorite Hoagie sandwich in dip form! I was so surprised to find this recipe on the Net. I wonder why I didn't think of this? I served this at a barbecue the other day and everyone raved about it. It's not a 'pretty' dip that's for sure.. but it is very good. Serve in a bowl surrounded by slices of Italian bread. Cook time is time to chill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 lb hot ham capicola, thinly sliced (luncheon meat)
- 1/3 lb domestic ham, thinly sliced (luncheon meat)
- 1/3 lb genoa salami, thinly sliced (luncheon meat)
- 1/3 lb American cheese (or provolone cheese, thinly sliced)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- pickled hot peppers or 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 1Layer all the cheese and meat on cutting surface and cut into long thin slices and then cut across to obtain small squares of meat and cheese.
- 2Put in bowl and add onion, oregano and mayonnaise and peppers if using hot peppers.
- 3Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 4When ready to serve add tomatoes and shredded lettuce,mixing well.
- 5Serve with slices of bread rounds or crackers.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoagie Dip
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.5
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 32.5 mg
- Sodium 685.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: