Recipe by luvmybge
Here is my favorite Hoagie sandwich in dip form! I was so surprised to find this recipe on the Net. I wonder why I didn't think of this? I served this at a barbecue the other day and everyone raved about it. It's not a 'pretty' dip that's for sure.. but it is very good. Serve in a bowl surrounded by slices of Italian bread. Cook time is time to chill.
- 1⁄3 lb hot ham capicola, thinly sliced (luncheon meat)
- 1⁄3 lb domestic ham, thinly sliced (luncheon meat)
- 1⁄3 lb genoa salami, thinly sliced (luncheon meat)
- 1⁄3 lb American cheese (or provolone cheese, thinly sliced)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- pickled hot peppers or 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer all the cheese and meat on cutting surface and cut into long thin slices and then cut across to obtain small squares of meat and cheese.
- Put in bowl and add onion, oregano and mayonnaise and peppers if using hot peppers.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve add tomatoes and shredded lettuce,mixing well.
- Serve with slices of bread rounds or crackers.