Corn Cob Dip
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 crusty cobb loaf, large
- 420 g corn kernels
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups tasty cheese, grated
- 4 slices bacon, chopped and cooked
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the top off the cob so as to use it for a lid later. Set lid aside. Remove all bread from the inside, ensuring you leave enough around the edges to serve as a wall for the dip.
- Combine the corn kernels, softened cream cheese, sour cream, tasty cheese, bacon, spring onions, fresh parsley and curry powder. Spoon into the cob and replace lid. Wrap in two layers of foil, place on tray and bake for 1 1/4 hours. (This may take less time depending on your oven, but if needed towar the end you can cover dip with foil to avoid bread burning). Serve with fresh bread, savoury biscuits, or pieces of the torn off bread toasted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!