Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of many Mason Jar recipes I tinkered with to make it perfect for high altitude baking. If you try these out - PLEASE let me know how they worked for you and at what altitude. Thank you so much!
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup M&M'
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Wash Hands and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Empty contents into a large bowl and stir.
- Using a wooden spoon, add vanilla egg and slightly melted butter. Mix well. Mixture will be slightly dry and crumbly.
- Press into 1 ½ inch balls.
- Use parchment paper lining on any cookie sheet for best results.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- ALTERNATIVE: Use 8 TBSP butter flavored Crisco and bake at 350°F.
Im at 6500 feet. This mixture was pretty dry, so I added another egg and used the full stick of butter. The cookies turned out AMAZING!