High Altitude Sugar Cutout Cookies
photo by Julie T.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 22mins
- 1.Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in egg and vanilla.
- 2.Add flour and baking powder in intervals. (Dough will seem too dry but it will improve when chilled.).
- 3.Divide dough into four equal parts and refrigerate about an hour.
- 4.Roll out dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper, 1/4 inch thick for crisp cookies or 1/3 inch thick for soft cookies.
- 5.Cut out shapes with cookie cutters and and bake for 7-8 minutes @ 375°F.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Born & raised in Alaska, transplant to the Denver, Colorado area and loving it! Enjoy the art of cooking (doesn't have to be fancy) and the enjoyment of serving home cooked healthy meals. Avid baker, struggling to adjust to baking at high altitudes