Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe comes from Fleischmann's yeast company.
Make and share this Herby Sunflower Crunch Wheat Bread ( Breadmaker 1 1/2 Lb. Loaf) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup water, plus (70º to 80ºF)
- 2 tablespoons water (70º to 80ºF)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Select preferred loaf size.
- Measure all ingredients into bread machine pan in the order listed.
- Select Basic or Rapid Bread Program and Medium Baking Control.
- Delay Timer feature can be used.
- Press start.
- Remove baked bread from pan and cool on wire rack.
I made the bread last evening in my Panasonic bread machine. I made it exactly as the recipe suggested and used the delay timer on my machine. It is wonderful. I love the crunchy texture it has and it came out a perfectly shaped loaf. If you don't like thyme and basil seasoning, you may not like the flavor. I like them a lot and plan to make this bread again. Highest rating.
Yum. Different, and the crunch of the sunflower seeds was great. I used 2c of whole wheat and only 1c of white flour (with about 3T gluten), and it came out great.
This bread was totally awesome! It deserves more than 5 stars, the taste with the blend of herbs was fantastic! I made this in my Zojirushi Home Baker bread machine this morning, and it turned out just right. I did however use quick-rise yeast (2 tsp), I don't use bread bread machine yeast, and added 1 Tbsp olive oil (to keep the freshness and improve the texture to the bread). I found myself without unsalted sunflower seeds, so I washed salted sunflower seeds in a strainer and dryed well. What a delicious-tasting whole wheat bread. I have added this to my favorites folder, and will be making this often. Thanks so much Mercy for sharing such a wonderful bread machine recipe!...delicious!...Kitten :)