Recipe by Delicious as it Looks
I came up with this recipe as a way to incorporate more greens into my diet. It is a wonderful blend of flavors that's perfect on a cold winter day. Gluten-free and vegan too!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 64 ounces vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 4 cups chopped swiss chard leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large pot or Dutch oven. Add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, mushrooms, herbs and pepper and sauté until onions and mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth and quinoa, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until quinoa and carrots are tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil, add Swiss chard and boil for 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Stir chard into soup. Serve.