Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love seafood and this is a great dish because it is so simple. Anyone can cook this so if you are reading this give it a go.
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, very soft
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 butterfish fillets
- lemon wedge
- In a bowl mix the butter, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and white pepper.
- Place the ingrediets from the bowl into a frying pan on medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted add the butterfish fillets and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until it is cooked to your satisfaction.
- Squeeze the lemon wedge over the fish once cooked or serve as a garnish.
You're right. This is very easy to make. I couldn't find butterfish, so I used fresh true cod. The dish was very tasty. My husband and I both enjoyed it. I will make this again.
I would venture to say this is better than Fish House Vera Cruz. Butterfish is my FAVORITE fish so I bought some on the way home the other day and made this up - my honey grilled it in a cast iron fish pan and OMG!!! It was such an amazing texture and the FLAVOR!!! Even he was surprised at how good it is! Definitely a keeper - thanks for the recipe!<br/><br/>When I read one of the posters comment about it was almost steak like I though, yeah, okay - but it does have a similar flavor IN A REALLY GOOD WAY
My husband and I LOVED this recipe. The fish was so delicious! It's an amazingly simple but flavorful recipe and perfectly suited for butterfish. I highly recommend trying to find butterfish, too. I'd never heard of it before but a local fishmonger had it today so I thought I'd give it a try. In this recipe, it almost tastes like steak! Really! I will be buying and making it this way again.. and again... and again! YUM!