Recipe by RachelB-KY
Golden brown, seasoned pork chops simmer with onion in a creamy mushroom sauce and are served over hot cooked rice.
Top Review by cajunhippiegirl
All I can say is what a yummy and easy meal to put together. I loved the taste of the coating on the chops. I also added a bit more milk to get the sauce to the consistency I was looking for. Served with Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans and a skillet of cornbread. Made for PAC Spring 2010. Thanks for posting.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- white rice, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the garlic powder, paprika and basil on a plate. Coat the pork with the garlic powder mixture.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until well browned on both sides.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the soup and milk and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the pork is cooked through. Serve the pork and sauce with the rice.