Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Flavorful Seasons Cookbook is where I found this. It has also been recommended by The American Diabetes Association. It is really very good even though it may not be too diet friendly.
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely ground almonds
- 1⁄4 lb light cream cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Combine the crab, mayonnaise, parsley, tarragon, scallions, almonds and dash of hot sauce, if using in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the cream cheese, eggs and mustard.
- Spread the crab mixture over the English muffins.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on top, and broil the muffins 6" from the heat source for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato slices and broil again for 2 minutes.
- Serve with Fume Blanc.