1/2 Photos of Herb & Cheese Biscuits
There are lots of biscuit recipes but the savoury flavour of fresh herbs make these unique! I've itemized the ingredients from Harrowsmith Country Life but use whatever herbs appeal to you ........ or whatever you have in the pantry. Last night, I used basil, parsley & green onions. BUT, if you're forced to use dried herbs, just cut the quantity in half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375F & line a baking sheet with parchment.
- 2Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl; stir in herbs & 1 cup of the cheese.
- 3Whisk egg & milk together in a small bowl; pour over the dry ingredients & stir until just combined.
- 4Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface; pat into a square that is approximately 8" and 2" thick.
- 5Slice into 8 rectangular pieces about 4" x 2" & transfer to the baking sheet.
- 6Brush with a little milk & sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake in oven until golden brown, approximately 18 to 20 minutes.
- 7Although you can serve these at room temperature, I prefer them warm!
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb & Cheese Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (706 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.2
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 434.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 10.3 g