Recipe by SashasMommy
This is adapted from a southern fried chicken recipe by Damon Lee Fowler. I haven't tried it yet, just posting it for safe-keeping.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Progresso Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute, equivalent to 2 eggs (Egg Beaters)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crumbled dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crumbled dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crumbled dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves, ground to a powder (use a spice mill or mortar and pestle)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400° degrees (set oven rack to lowest position).
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Whisk together Egg Beaters and garlic and let stand while you prepare the chicken.
- Mix together spices and breadcrumbs in a medium bowl.
- Wash and trim chicken breasts.
- Dip chicken in egg.
- Dredge chicken pieces in crumb mixture, coating well.
- Shake off excess breading and place on baking sheet.
- Bake uncovered for about 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.