Recipe by Mom of many
This is a really good potato dish. It is a family tradition in our house. This is perfect for cold winter days.
Top Review by Kitsune
This was pretty good. I didn't follow the recipe exactly; only used 3lbs potatoes (5 just seemed way too much), added 1/2 cup each of peas and corn, and a sliced carrot. I had a scant cup of cheese, used 1/2 cup of plain yogurt instead of sour cream, and only used 1/4 cup of bread crumbs (which was fine). It wasn't as creamy as another reviewer said, more like scalloped potatoes, but very tasty. I will definitely make again and use the full amount of cheese.
- 2267.96 g red potatoes, quartered
- 453.59 g container sour cream
- 118.29 ml milk
- 304.75 g can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 59.14 ml chopped green onion
- 473.18 ml cooked chopped ham
- salt and pepper
- 354.88 ml parmesan cheese seasoned bread crumbs
- 59.14 ml melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place potatoes in a large pot of water, and bring to a boil.
- Boil until slightly tender, about 12 minutes.
- Drain, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix sour cream, milk, cream of chicken soup, Cheddar cheese, green onions, ham, salt and pepper with the potatoes.
- Spread mixture in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs, and drizzle with butter.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven.