Recipe by Barbara Steele
SO easy and fast, and quite delicious! The rich egg mixture really makes it taste like French Toast. This is one of those make-ahead breakfast or brunch dishes that let you spend time with your family or guests. I've served this several times at PTA events, girlfriend get-togethers, you name it, and have always gotten rave reviews. You can, too!
- loaf of day-old whole grain bread, crust removed
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread into cubes.
- Place half in greased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Cut cream cheese into small cubes.
- Distribute evenly over bread.
- Top with blueberry pie filling and remaining bread.
- Mix together eggs, milk and syrup.
- Pour over ingredients in baking dish.
- Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking 25-30 minutes more until golden brown and center is set.
- Very rich, so cut into moderate portions, and enjoy!