1/4 Photos of Heavenly Banana Bread
I got this recipe from a wonderful friend who is a chef and cooking instructor in Canada. I love it because it is super-moist, and has intense flavor. In a test of 5 different banana bread recipes, this is the one my husband and neighbors liked the best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mash or purée the bananas and buttermilk until smooth.
- 2Add the baking soda and mix.
- 3This activates the baking soda and neutralizes the soda taste.
- 4Cream the brown sugar and butter together until smooth.
- 5Beat in the egg.
- 6Add the banana purée and combine.
- 7The mixture often appears curdled at this stage.
- 8Add the baking powder to the flour; add gradually to the banana mixture.
- 9Stir just enough to combine evenly.
- 10Flavour with the extract.
- 11Pour into sprayed or greased pans.
- 12Fill the pans 2/3 full for even cooking.
- 13Bake in a preheated 375°F oven until set in the centre.
- 14A larger loaf pan will take about 45-50 minutes.
- 15Reduce the cooking time for smaller pans.
- 16Use a wooden skewer to test the centre.
- 17Leave in the pans for 10-15 minutes before turning out.
- 18Do not leave in the pans as the loaves sweat and become soggy.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heavenly Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (830 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2377.5
- Calories from Fat 902
- Total Fat 100.2 g
- Saturated Fat 60.8 g
- Cholesterol 458.7 mg
- Sodium 1860.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 349.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 193.0 g
- Protein 29.8 g