Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
All your favorite soup veggies can be found in this hearty dish, plus some soft noodles and lots of chunks of roast turkey or chicken.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 cup green beans
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 1⁄2 quarts chicken stock or 2 1⁄2 quarts turkey stock
- 1 cup macaroni or 1 cup egg noodles
- 1 (12 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 2 cups left over roasted turkey or 2 cups cooked chicken
- Heat stock pot on medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Saute onions and garlic until just transparent -- 5 minutes.
- Add celery, cabbage and mushrooms cooking and stirring until soft -- 5 more minutes.
- Add potato, green beans, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to a boil; then turn down to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes.
- Add macaroni, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add butter beans, and turkey or chicken, cooking just until heated.
- Taste for seasoning and serve.