1/1 Photo of Hearty Turkey Vegetable Soup
1 hr 20 mins
All your favorite soup veggies can be found in this hearty dish, plus some soft noodles and lots of chunks of roast turkey or chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 cup green beans
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 1/2 quarts chicken stock or 2 1/2 quarts turkey stock
- 1 cup macaroni or 1 cup egg noodles
- 1 (12 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 2 cups left over roasted turkey or 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1Heat stock pot on medium heat and add the olive oil.
- 2Saute onions and garlic until just transparent -- 5 minutes.
- 3Add celery, cabbage and mushrooms cooking and stirring until soft -- 5 more minutes.
- 4Add potato, green beans, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme.
- 5Pour in chicken stock and bring to a boil; then turn down to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes.
- 6Add macaroni, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- 7Add butter beans, and turkey or chicken, cooking just until heated.
- 8Taste for seasoning and serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Turkey Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.1
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 28.4 mg
- Sodium 477.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 18.5 g