Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I got this recipe off the back of a bag of croutons. I'm posting it here for safekeeping. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to very soon! It looks wonderful! If you give it a try, let me know how it turns out! =P
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 5 cups water
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup mini penne pasta, uncooked
- In a large pot mix everything but the vegetables and pasta. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer at least 30 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetables. Cover and continue simmering for 30 more minutes.
- Stir in pasta and continue cooking for about 10 mins, or until pasta is al dente.
- Garnish with croutons and shredded cheese, if desired.
This was a very good soup! I really loved the cheese and croutons served over top. That gave it a nice thickness. I think next time I make it, I will put it in the crock pot for the day because I cooked it on the stove top for over an hour, but the veggies were still a bit crisp for my taste. I served it with a whole wheat baguette and the family really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.