Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is simple, yet rich and hearty.
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups red potatoes, cubed 1/2 inch (about 6 medium)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- In 3-quart saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes; add potatoes and onions.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender (15 to 20 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through (10 to 12 minutes).
It was super good! I put A LOT more bacon in it because my fiance likes bacon A LOT. But it was super good. I reduced the ingredients and had to add a little more milk. It was super yummy-the corn is a great touch!
It was so good my family didn't get a chance to try this, ate it at every meal for two days.
This is a very good hearty fulfilling main dish soup.