Bacon, Potato and Bean Chowder
High in dietary fibre !!
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, freshly minced
- 500 g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (430 g) can 3 bean mix, drained
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in large pot.
- Cook bacon, onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes, cook further 5 minutes.
- Stir in can of three bean mix and stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer till potatoes are tender.
- Season and stir in cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is absolutely delicious!!! I made this using a can of navy beans, as I couldn't find a can of multiple beans here in my area and didn't feel like buying 3 cans of beans and only using 1/3 of each. I felt that 3 kinds of beans would have been more colorful so I decided to add some sliced celery and shredded carrots, but otherwise followed as written. I can't wait to have it again for lunch later this week. Thanks for sharing such a flavorful and fairly quick chowder recipe. Made for Every Day is Holiday Tag Game.1Reply