Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
"Hearty" and filling, these low fat breakfast muffins taste great without adding cholesterol or added oil to your diet. Muffins store great in a covered container in the refrigerator - just warm in the microwave. I have been experimenting with cooking low fat and low cholesterol recipes for my husband. Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare standard sized muffin tins by spraying with a low fat cooking spray or line with muffin cups.
- In one large bowl, combine first five ingredients, mixing all dry ingredients well.
- Stir in raisins.
- In a separate bowl combine the following wet ingredients: egg substitute, applesauce, milk. Stir well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until moistened. Do not over-mix muffin dough.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 18-20 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned on top and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin is dry when removed.