Recipe by Loveseatinghealthy
This is a very healthy recipe that is very spicy and great for seafood lovers.
Top Review by Eating for life
This dish was awesome! I was a little skeptical at first because I have never had just seafood on a kabob and not add meat or veggies with it. I thought it might taste fishy. Nothing like that. It was very spicy, of course I added double the spice because what was on here was not enough for my 3 full skewers. I had to drink 3 glasses of water through this meal. My husband and I talked the whole meal about how wonderful it is. Definately will be making this again. Thanks so much for sharing this!!! Perfect with a side of whole grain noodles with a little olive oil, garlic and parsley. Yum!!
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp
- 1⁄2 lb scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 lemons, juice of
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- lemon (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw any meat as necessary. If fresh, proceed to the next step.
- Mix together the salt, pepper, cayenne, and garlic.
- Align shrimp and scallops every other onto 4 skewers or 1 skewer per person.
- Brush the shrimp with the olive oil. Use more if you would like a more bold and juicy flavor, but stick to minimal amounts if you would like a lower calorie meal.
- Sprinkle the spice seasoning mix over each side of the skewers.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over one side of the skewers.
- Grill them over medium to medium-high heat until the meat is cooked through. About 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add Tabasco sauce to your likening and garnish with some sliced grilled lemons.