Indian Style Shrimp and Scallop Skewers
Another tast BBQ recipe from Womans Day. This is so refreshing and tasty. I love it served with pilaf and grilled pitas. Prep time includes marinade time.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 6mins
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled,deveined,tails left on
- 1 lb large scallop, rinsed,tough muscle at sides removed
- 6 skewers, 10 to 12 inch (if bamboo soak in water minimum 1 hour)
- Whisk oil and spices in a large bowl until blended.
- Add shrimp and scallops and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours to let seafood absorb marinade flavors.
- Thread shrimp and scallops on seperate skewers.
- Oil grill rack and place it 4 to 6 inches above hot coals.
- Grill skewers 2 to 3 minutes per side until seafood is lightly browned and just barely opaque in the center.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What a wonderful punch to simple seafood. For dietary reasons, I did cut back on the oil to one tbsp and then tossed the seafood to coat. I then mixed the seasonings together and used them more or less like a rub and let the shrimp & scallops marinate as instucted. Simple and sublime. Thank you Michelle S. for sharing the recipe.1Reply
see 7 more