Recipe by jo_mama
Adapted from a recipe from the back of a Ritz box (I think), this version is healthier and more refreshing, without sacrificing flavor!
Top Review by Merlot
First, I want to thank you so much for trying one of my recipes (Garlic Boursin Cheese Spread) and the lovely review. To show my appreciation, I decided to make this one. Boy and I glad i did. This is a WONDERFUL crab salad. We loved the combination of ingredients and textures. I did add a little more Miracle Whip than called for as we wanted more dressing. Can't wait to make this again. Thanks so much for sharing it, jo_mama!!!
- 14 ounces imitation crabmeat (or lobster)
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced (or grate if you prefer a less crunchy salad)
- 1⁄4 onion, diced fine
- 10 Ritz crackers, crushed (reduced fat worked well)
- 4 tablespoons Miracle Whip (to moisten and combine flavors)
- seasoning salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- iceberg lettuce, cleaned and leaves separated
Directions See How It's Made
- Into a large mixing bowl, flake or chop the seafood. If you have crab sticks, you may want to use scissors to cut the crab into bite size pieces.
- Add the celery, carrots, onion, crackers, and Miracle Whip. Stir to combine. If the salad seems too dry, add additional Miracle Whip.
- Taste and add additional seasoning salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in iceberg lettuce leaves.