Recipe by Eryn T
This can either be vegan friendly (how I make it) or for those of you who love your dairy, not vegan. This is so tasty and full of seeds and yummy stuff. I created this one day trying to make a vegan alternative to the regular banana bread my mom makes (it was pretty basic--this is way better).
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs (or fake eggs as i use made with soy milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄8 cup of whole brown flax seed
- 1⁄8 cup poppy seed
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup brown flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare a loaf pan (I like to oil it then line it with wax paper so it doesn't stick at all).
- Mix sugars and melted margarine in a large bowl.
- Pre-mix your fake eggs (or beat your regular eggs) and add them.
- Mash the 3 ripe bananas and mix those in too.
- Add soda, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg.
- Mix in the flour, oats and wheatgerm.
- Now add all your seeds and raisins.
- Place mixture into the pan and cook in the oven for an hour (should be nice and brown on top, if not give it more time).
- And there you have it! enjoy!